The next regularly scheduled City Council meeting is being moved up one day to TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2018, at 7:00 p.m. The Board of License Commissioners meeting is also scheduled for November 20, 2018, at 6:45 p.m. This is due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
On Friday, March 9th members of the community celebrated International Women’s Day at Slater Mill. Chief Tina Goncalves, Pawtucket’s first female police chief, was the guest of honor. A Shea High School senior, Tatiana Vaz, provided the keynote address and spoke regarding the Chief's accomplishments. Prior to the event, Tatiana met with and interviewed the Chief.
• A month-long Arts and Culture Commission display at City Hall featuring student’s art
• Pawtucket Public Schools is holding an essay contest for 5th and 8thgrade students.
• Seamless Work, a manufacturing video exhibition, is open at Slater Mill Wednesday –Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. through March 21st.
• Crash Pawtucket at Thai Basil Restaurant on March 12th from 5:30 –7:30 p.m.
• Get Healthy with Central Nutrition (726 Central Avenue) on March 26th at 6:00 p.m. Free shake samples will be provided.
• The Empowerment Factory is hosting a children’s workshop on social and emotional learning for parents on March 27th from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
• Pawtucket Public Library is hosting its Storied Lives Book Club on March 28th at 7:00 p.m. The book club is reading Lousie Erdrich's LaRose.
• A Labor History Tour and Feminist Poet Performance at Slater Mill on Thursday, March 29th at 7:00 p.m.
• Shri Yoga Studio will provide a free yoga class throughout the month of March for residents of Pawtucket and Central Falls at the Pawtucket Armory. Free classes will be held Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. and Saturdays at 9:30 a.m.
• Free Museum Day at Slater Mill, March 31st from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Pawtucket - Mayor Grebien honored Zachary Gosselin, who helped raise over $5,000 in partnership with the Pawtucket Red Sox for the military charity Operation Stand Down Rhode Island. Twelve-year-old... Read More >
- Mayor Donald R. Grebien