On Friday, March 9th members of the community celebrated International Women’s Day at Slater Mill. Chief Tina Goncalves, Pawtucket’s first female police chief, was the guest of honor. A Shea High School senior, Tatiana Vaz, provided the keynote address and spoke regarding the Chief's accomplishments. Prior to the event, Tatiana met with and interviewed the Chief.
• A month-long Arts and Culture Commission display at City Hall featuring student’s art
• Pawtucket Public Schools is holding an essay contest for 5th and 8thgrade students.
• Seamless Work, a manufacturing video exhibition, is open at Slater Mill Wednesday –Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. through March 21st.
• Crash Pawtucket at Thai Basil Restaurant on March 12th from 5:30 –7:30 p.m.
• Get Healthy with Central Nutrition (726 Central Avenue) on March 26th at 6:00 p.m. Free shake samples will be provided.
• The Empowerment Factory is hosting a children’s workshop on social and emotional learning for parents on March 27th from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
• Pawtucket Public Library is hosting its Storied Lives Book Club on March 28th at 7:00 p.m. The book club is reading Lousie Erdrich's LaRose.
• A Labor History Tour and Feminist Poet Performance at Slater Mill on Thursday, March 29th at 7:00 p.m.
• Shri Yoga Studio will provide a free yoga class throughout the month of March for residents of Pawtucket and Central Falls at the Pawtucket Armory. Free classes will be held Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. and Saturdays at 9:30 a.m.
• Free Museum Day at Slater Mill, March 31st from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
This week, Mayor Donald R. Grebien announced that the City identified nine abandoned and problem properties to be placed in receivership. In its second year of the program, the City identifies... Read More >
- Mayor Donald R. Grebien
The Pawtucket City Council will hold a Public Hearing on the Municipal Budgets on Wednesday, May 23, 2018, at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, 3rd Floor, City Hall, 137 Roosevelt Avenue,... Read More >