CRISTINE MCBURNEY - Judge
Court is in session the first three Wednesdays of each month at 2:00 p.m., Council Chambers, City Hall, 3rd floor.
This court has jurisdiction over the following types of case:
- Decedent's estates; this includes persons who have died with a Will (testate) or those without an (intestate).
- Adult Limited Guardianships, either of the person, estate or both.
- Minor Guardianships, either of the person, estate or both
- Adult Adoptions
- Name Changes
Every City or Town in this state has it's own probate court, which administers these laws. Probate Court is a court of law established by RIGL 8-9; the operating statute for Probate is RIGL, Title 33.
Probate Court Fees:
- Administration with Advertisement: $124.00
- Administration on Waiver: $79.00
- Wills with Advertisement: $124.00
- Wills on Waiver: $79.00
- Guardianship: $124.00
- Accounts: $45.00
- Sale of Real Estate: $45.00
- Change of Name with Advertisement: $84.00
- Change of Name on Waiver: $37.00
- Adult Adoptions (May need Change on Name): $124.00
- Copies: $1.50
- Certification: $3.00 + $1.50 per page
- Exemplied Copies: $8.00 + $1.50 per page
- Certificate of Appointment: $5.00
- Copy of Change of Name Decree: $5.00
- File and Record Only: $34.00
- Voluntary Informal: $39.00
- Affidavit of Completed Administration: $34.00
- All other Petitions (RIGL 33-22.21): $34.00